DR. MIKELL SUZANNE PARSONS, THE HOLISTIC DETECTIVE
Using NeuroIntegration Therapy (Biofeedback Therapy) to help Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Addiction, ADHD, Memory and Pain Management
NeuroIntegration Therapy (a specialized form of biofeedback therapy) can help you:
- Recover brain function and clarity after experiencing head trauma such as injuries, accidents, whiplash or sports injuries. You do not need to have a concussion to experience problems.
- Help “clear out” and “reset” abnormal brain waves and patterns from stress, sexual or physical abuse, drug abuse or poor nutrition.
- Stimulates the brain to work in the right patterns to help reduce symptoms of depression, ADD/ADHD and chronic fatigue.
The biofeedback and NeuroIntegration Therapy is gentle and non-invasive:
- Typical sessions are 45 minutes total.
- Small sensors are placed on your head to read the frequency of your brain waves.
- There is NO electricity going in - you’ll only feel the sticky pads!
- Your brain is stimulated with flashing lights and you’ll hear music or watch a movie when your brain gets on the “right track.”
- This is very safe and you can do up to three sessions a day.
- You’ll receive a very detailed QEEG Assessment Report (don’t worry, I’ll help you understand it) with follow-up reports to track your progress.
- Take a look at a sample report here.
Patients often tell me they feel more relaxed and focused immediately! Then, their brain works to keep that focus and relaxation as long as possible. That’s how brain-training andbiofeedback therapy works.
Why we need to train our brains
Computers are a part of our daily lives. We don’t think twice about the need to update software, replace old devices and increase our storage capacity.
But when was the last time you “updated” the most important computer you will ever own? Your brain!
Your brain controls everything in your body. It collects and stores every one of our experiences from the moment we’re born until we die. The compilation and integration of these experiences shapes us into the person we are today.
If we have an experience that alters our normal brain waves, we may begin to experience “brain fog,” pain, insomnia, fear, anger, or anxiety. We might think something is terribly wrong, or your brain may just need an update on its “software.”
How NeuroIntegration Therapy works
Your brain produces four distinct brain wave frequencies. Depending upon your state of consciousness, a mixture of these frequencies are being produced at any given time.
This is the normal pattern, but the brain can be disrupted or injured in a variety of ways. The most obvious is from direct head trauma. Whiplash from accidents, sports (especially football and soccer), sexual abuse, drug abuse, physical abuse, poor nutrition, and stress are just a few things that may cause an alteration in a specific area of the brain producing an abnormal brain wave.
This problem in one area can have profound effects for the entire brain. The brain is constantly communicating to surrounding areas of the brain as well as areas of the brain on the opposite side.
Too much or to little activity will have a domino effect upon the entire brain.
NeuroIntegration Therapy is a form of biofeedback therapy that allows the brain to retrain itself to work in healthier brain wave frequencies. It addresses the “dysregulation” in the brain that may be the cause of depression, ADD/ADHD, chronic fatigue, or other problems.
This noninvasive therapy teaches the brain how to self-regulate which is a critical part of proper brain function. The NeuroIntegration Therapy system works as a mind mirror, showing you how your brain is functioning.
Photic stimulation via the use of flashing lights helps to guide your brainwaves into working in a correct pattern. Auditory and visual stimulation are also used.
When the brain works at the correct frequency, a reward is given via playing music or a movie. When the brain gets off track the reward is stopped ie: the movie or audio stops. To encourage the brain to get back on track photic stimulation occurs at the desired frequency. When the brain starts to work correctly, another reward is given and the music and/or movie plays again
The brain is a learning machine! It will figure out a way to keep the music and audio playing.
Is your brain not learning? Feeling foggy? Making you sad, irritable or just “not feeling it?”
Call my office now at (559) 447-1404 for biofeedback therapy in Fresno, California to get your initial assessment and your brain humming!